The SWL IR Remote 545 is a full-featured remote module for the NRD-545 that allows you to directly enter frequencies, memories, control modes, and adjust analog controls of the receiver. All front panel analog controls are operable from the Universal Remote. This remote will also work with the CHE-199 Wideband converter option.
Please note that this device requires a Universal Remote Control (not supplied). This SWL IR Remote system comes with: AC wall adapter and RS232 serial null modem cable [DB9F to DB25M] cable are included. The serial cable and plugs into the back panel of the SWL IR and the back panel of the NRD-545. Click here to download the SWL IR 545 Quick Ref pdf.
Please note that neither the SWL IR or the Universal Remote are JRC products.
- Turn receiver on and off.
- Release and resume remote control to allow front panel operation and return to remote operation.
- Enter frequency directly to 1Hz in the range of 100 kHz to 30 MHz.
- Enter frequency directly to 1Hz in the range of 30 to 1999 MHz with optional CHE-199 Wideband converter.
- Increase or decrease frequency using CH +/- in steps of 1Hz, 10Hz, 100Hz, 1kHz, 5kHz, 9kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz, and 1MHz in the range of 100kHz to 30MHz. (Also 30 to 1999 MHz with optional CHE-199).
- Set up to five (5) User Tuning Steps. Useful for detuning frequencies by one half of filter bandwidth or use a very small frequency step to quickly zero-beat in SSB mode.
- Recall last directly entered frequency.
- Directly select memory channels.
- Write VFO to memory.
- Move up and down through memory channels using CH +/-.
- Move memory frequency and mode to VFO.
- Write VFO frequency and mode to selected memory channel.
- Toggle between AM, LSB, USB, ECSS – LSB, ECSS – USB and FM (configurable), WFM (above 30MHz) or CW (configurable).
- Select VFO or Memory mode.
- Control of Volume, RF Gain, Squelch, Noise Blanker, Notch, PBS, BWC, and Tone.
- Move analog controls to full CW, CCW, or default settings independently.
- Select Fast AGC, Slow AGC, or AGC off (configurable).
- Select Wide, Intermediate, or Narrow filter.
- Toggle RF Attenuation on or off.
- Toggle NB1, NB2, or off.
- Cycle through Tuning Rates (1Hz, 10Hz, or 100Hz). Frequency stepping operates independently of selected Tuning Rate.
- Dim/Brighten display.
- Settable parameters:
* Enable/Disable FM and CW modes in mode selections.
* Enable/Disable AGC off in AGC selections.
* Enable/Disable Wideband converter operation.
* Frequency pacing lets you control how fast the frequency changes when you hold the CH+/- keys.
* Define up to five User Tuning Steps.
* Status LED that shows communications status, normal position of RF Gain, Squelch, Noise Blanker, Notch, PBS, and Tone controls, settable parameter entry, and clear key operation.
||SWL Remote IR-N545
||This infrared remote module unit connects to the RS232 port on the back panel of the NRD-545. Requires Universal Remote (not supplied)
||RCU 400 Remote
||RCA Universal remote control hand unit, providing standard Sony TV and VCR codes. Requires two AAA cells not supplied.